Can you name the classic books from the first sentence? A tricky quiz will put your literary knowledge to the test
- Quiz, by a UK-based Nido student, will test your knowledge of classic novels
- The challenge tasks the nation to match the opening line to the author and title
- So far the average rating is 6/10, but can you get the maximum rating?
A 10-question literary quiz promises to put your knowledge of classic novels to the test – and even the biggest bookworms find it difficult.
The challenge, created by UK-based Nido Student, tasks the nation with matching the opening line to author and title.
But despite many books being taught in the UK curriculum, the average score is currently 6/10. So, do you think you can do better?
A 10-question literary quiz, created by UK-based Nido Student, asks the nation to match the opening line to the author and title. In the photo, stock image
1. Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – JK Rowling
3. The Lord of the Flies – William Golding
4. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. 1984 – George Orwell
6. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
7. Slaughterhouse-Five Kurt Vonnegut
8. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
9. Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
10. Moby Dick – Herman Melville